Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 1

Yes, I'm going to be quite unoriginal with my post titles.

It's been a long time since I've signed into blogger and posted something. I'd set up a personal blog some time ago to chronicle my adventures in making costumes, but it didn't get very far. I'm not disciplined enough to do posts with a lot of pictures and descriptions. I've always felt that blogging could be a lot of fun, but I guess I don't have the patience for it. I'm much more adept to social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Tumblr (oooh Tumblr!); quick updates and re-posts are more my speed. I've been on Twitter and Facebook for several years now (I mean, when I joined Facebook, it was still for college kids only. This makes me feel older than I should.).

 I'm quite excited about this course. After working several years in retail, I'm quite burnt out on customer service, and I'm beginning to be drawn to the more technological aspect of library science. I'm hoping this course is going to really help me understand what that all entails and what to expect in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jessica,

    I too do not have the tenacity to keep up a blog. I find myself having to stay on the internet a lot longer than usual to keep up with this class so far. Checking every day sounds easy, but also exhausting in a way.

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone at feeling exhausted with keeping up with all these things. Twitter, Blogger, discussions, readings, assignments, moderator, etc. The introduction to the class did not lie when it said to expect dedicating three hours per day!

      Delete
    2. A full length blog is soo intense to me! I'm used to checking stuff like Twitter or Tumblr, which, yeah, can take up a large amount of time (ie: I spend way too much time on them), but they are a quick update/microblogging kind of thing. I don't have the attention span for a full blog.

      Delete