Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 5

Finally decided to call it quits with Joomla. I've done what needed to be done, and right now, for the sake of my sanity (and my computer; Joomla made me want to smash things), it needs to be called "completed." I was quite relieved to see that my classmates were having the same issues with it that I was, though.

Haven't had much time to get started on the discussion topics. I had a pretty busy weekend: a wedding yesterday and work all day today. I'll be tackling all of that tomorrow and Tuesday, since I'm off work.

I was quite pleased to get a small amount of writing done with my phone while on break today. I've got this nice, simple app called "Werdsmith" that gets the job done. I can sometimes do the most creative writing when I'm anywhere but home, so it's nice to know I've got this little app nearby incase I haven't remembered to snag a pen and notebook. I've just gotten an iPhone, so all these applications and things are shiny and new to me. XD

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I've only just started Joomla. It took me about two hours to get through 40 minutes of the tutorial. I was taking the advice of our classmates and creating it as I went along. The downside of doing that is I'm not quite sure how I've done what I've done. I'm struggling to remember my login and password. I would like the vortex of life to freeze for... oh... about 3 hours so I can just concentrate on it and get it done.

    How awesome you were able to write this weekend. I'm sure that makes you feel all is right in your world.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the step-by-step way is really how it has to be done. It really sucks.

      And yeah, I got a bit of writing done. It was only about 4 sentences...and then I accidentally deleted it on my phone last night, so I quickly rewrote what I could remember into a file on my computer. THEN I discovered I can make an account with the app, and it'll remember the history of my writing. TOO LATE, but hopefully that'll save me in the future. XD

      Delete